Monday, August 07, 2006

Fundraising Update


Well it has been three weeks since my last post. The Blogger/website has not been uploading pictures at its best and so I can now finally share our latest Budget update with you. Because it has been three weeks I have a lot to share.

Let me start with a few thank yous. Shannon and I just conducted two fundraising events in Clarksburg. I have to say a huge thank you to Karlin Merwin for her help. She blessed us by setting up our first event at the church on Sunday. I did not have to worry about anything. Karlin, thank you for your service and support in such tangible ways.

Later that night we had another, very similar funding event at the Wilson Vineyards barn. It was such a beautiful and well organized event. Again, I did very little. My mom, Sandra, set up everything. Thank you mom. You did a great job and I could not have planned a better event.

With both of those funding events we are up to 33.7% of our budget! So many of you have come through in amazing ways as we join together to impact Hone Creek and the surrounding area. I was impressed with one supporters heart as he told me, "We are blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of this experience."

Let me talk about this budget at the top of this blog entry. If you noticed we have changed it considerably from the first one. Shannon and I have been discussing the importance of supporting ourselves in this trip to Costa Rica. I just read an amazing book by Randy Alcorn called the "The Treasure Principle" (I highly recommend reading it, buy it here) Shannon and I want to be blessed through giving as well and we have decided we will buy the Vehicle that we drive in Costa Rica. We budgeted $7000 for the purchase of the vehicle and at the end of this trip we will sell it for approximately $5000. With the purchase of the vehicle going through us and not through the funding there will be no issue of integrity when the vehicle is sold and we keep the money. If you have any questions about this, we would love to talk to you. You can send me an email or post a comment at the bottom of this blog entry.

I will be adding quite a few more blog entries soon so keep checking. The experience has started as funding is in full swing. Thank you to all who have already committed to share the experience. You can share the experience by supporting us financially and or signing up on our email list.

Sharing The Experience,

Phil
pgogilvie@yahoo.com

No comments: